th visitor since Sep. 1st, 2015
- Matsuda (A01) was awarded the Kamerlingh Onnes Prize.
- The authors, including Y. Kasahara (A01), J. Nasu (D02), and Y. Matsuda (A01) reported half-integer thermal quantum Hall effect on a quantum spin liquid state of honeycomb magnet RuCl3, which provides direct evidence of chiral Majorana edge currents. The paper was published in Nature (July 12 issue). This work has been press-released in webpages of Kyoto University, University of Tokyo, and Tokyo Institute of Technology, as well as in newspapers, including Asahi Shimbun, Kyoto Shimbun, Sankei Shimbun, Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Nikkei, Mainichi, and Yomiuri Shimbun.
- Recent paper "Signatures of a Nonthermal Metastable State in Copropagating Quantum Hall Edge Channels" by Hashisaka (C01), Muraki(C01), Fujisawa (C01), and coworkers has been selected as Editors' Suggestion in Physical Review Letters.
- Recent publication on Machine Learning Disordered Topological Phases by Statistical Recovery of Symmetry by Yoshioka (U Tokyo), Akagi (D02), and Katsura (D02, H28-H29) in Phys. Rev. B has been selected as Editors' suggestion.
- Nagaosa(B01) received the Medal with Purple Ribbon from the Government of Japan.