Associate Professor, Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University
- First-principles study of electronic structure topology and macroscopic phenomena in antiferromagnets
E-mail : michito.suzuki[at]imr.tohoku.ac.jp
I have investigated electronic structures and their influence on physical properties by means of firt-principles calculations. Our recent study have revealed the large anomalous Hall effect observed in the antiferromagnetic order phase of Mn3Sn and Mn3Ge is explained with the antiferromagnetic structure characterized by a magnetic octupole order parameter with the first-principles analysis of the Berry curvature and Weyl points in these materials.
I aim for understanding of relations of symmetry, topology, and macroscopic phenomena in antiferromagnetic states with systematic investigation of antiferromagnets by means of topology analysis based on first-principles calculations and group theoretical analysis for magnetic symmetry.
- Ph.D. in Physics, Kobe University
- Post doctor in Kobe University
- Post doctor in Uppsala University (Sweden)
- Research scholor in CCSE, Japan Atomic Energy Agency
- Research scholor in Center for Emergent Matter Science (CEMS), RIKEN
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), PRESTO Researcher
- Associate Professor, Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 12nd Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan (2018 physical year)
SELECTION OF PUBLICATIONS
"First-principles theory of magnetic multipoles in condensed matter systems"
Michi-To Suzuki, Hiroaki Ikeda, Peter M. Oppeneer
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 87, 041008-1-24 (Mar. 2018)
"Cluster multipole theory for anomalous Hall effect in antiferromagnets"
M.-T. Suzuki, T. Koretsune, M. Ochi, R. Arita
Physical Review B 95, 094406/1-11 (Mar. 2017)
"First-principles study of magnetic properties in Fe-ladder compound BaFe2S3"
Michi-To Suzuki, Ryotaro Arita, and Hiroaki Ikeda
Physical Review B 92, 085116-1-6 (Aug. 2015)
"Emergent Loop-Nodal s±-Wave Superconductivity in CeCu2Si2: Similarities to the Iron-Based Superconductors"
Hiroaki Ikeda, Michi-To Suzuki, and Ryotaro Arita
Physical Review Letters 114, 147003-1-5 (Apr. 2015)
"Multipole order and global/site symmetry in the hidden order phase of URu2Si2"
Michi-To Suzuki and Hiroaki Ikeda
Physical Review B, 90,184407/1-8 (Nov. 2014)
"Microscopic theory of the insulating electronic ground states of actinide dioxides AnO2 (An=U, Np, Pu, Am, and Cm)"
M.-T. Suzuki, N. Magnani, and P. M. Oppeneer
Physical Review B, 88,195146-1-14 (Nov. 2013)
"Emergent rank-5 ‘nematic’ order in URu2Si2"
H. Ikeda, M.-T. Suzuki, R. Arita, T. Takimoto, T. Shibauchi, Y. Matsuda
Nature Physics 8, 528-533 (Jun. 2012)