Assistant Professor, Division of Applied Physics, Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University
- Spatio-temporal control of optical dynamics by topological phases
E-mail : hideaki.obuse[at]eng.hokudai.ac.jp
I have investigated critical phenomena of various Anderson transitions which are localization-delocalization transitions of electronic states of matter induced by disorder. I have also clarified that, at an Anderson topological transition from a topological insulating phase to topologically trivial insulating or metallic phases, there appear unique critical phenomena which are different from those of ordinal Anderson transitions. Recently, I’m also studying Floquet topological phases of dynamical quantum systems by employing quantum walks which are developed in the field of quantum informations and computations.
My research on this project is to develop a procedure towards spatio-temporal control of optical dynamics by exploiting (Floquet) topological phases of optical systems.
- B.Sc. in Physics, Hokkaido University
- M.S. in Physics, Hokkaido University
- Ph.D. in Physics, Hokkaido University
- Postdoc (Special postdoctoral researchers program of RIKEN), Condensed Matter Theory Laboratory, RIKEN
- Postdoc (JSPS fellowship for young scientist), Condensed Matter Theory Group, Kyoto University
- Postdoc (JSPS fellowship for research abroad), Computational Condensed Matter Theory Group, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Assistant Professor, Division of Applied Physics, Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan
SELECTION OF PUBLICATIONS
"Observation of topological edge states in parity–time-symmetric quantum walks"
L. Xiao, X. Zhan, Z. H. Bian, K. K. Wang, X. Zhang, X. P. Wang, J. Li, K. Mochizuki, D. Kim, N. Kawakami, W. Yi, H. Obuse, B. C. Sanders, P. Xue>
Nature Physics 2017, 4204-1-8 (Jul. 2017).
"Explicit definition of PT symmetry for non-unitary quantum walks with gain and loss"
Ken Mochizuki, Dakyeong Kim, Hideaki Obuse
Physical Review A 93, 062116-1-13 (Jun. 2016)
"Spin-directed network model for the surface states of weak three-dimensional Z2 topological insulators"
Hideaki Obuse, Shinsei Ryu, Akira Furusaki, and Christopher Mudry
Physical Review B 89, 155315-1-28 (Apr. 2014)
"Finite Size Effects and Irrelevant Corrections to Scaling near the Integer Quantum Hall Transition"
Hideaki Obuse, Ilya A. Gruzberg, and Ferdinand Evers
Physical Review Letters 109, 206804-1-5 (Nov. 2012)
"Topological phases and delocalization of quantum walks in random environments"
Hideaki Obuse, Norio Kawakami
Physical Review B 84, 195139-1-6 (Nov. 2011)
"Two-dimensional spin-filtered chiral network model for the Z2 quantum spin-Hall effect"
Hideaki Obuse, Akira Furusaki, Shinsei Ryu, and Christopher Mudry
Physical Review B 76, 075301-1-12 (Aug. 2007)
"Mulitfractality and Conformal Invariance at 2D Metal-Insulator Transition in the Spin-Orbit Symmetry Class"
H. Obuse, A. R. Subramaniam, A. Furusaki, I. A. Gruzberg, and A. W. W. Ludwig
Physical Review Letters 98, 156802-1-4 (Apr. 2007)